International Visiting Doctors
Dr. Hafeez Rahman, MBBS, MD, DipNB, FCLS
Specialist Obstetrics & Gynecology
Focusing on Laparoscopic surgery since the early 90’s, Dr. Hafeez Rahman is a global pioneer and authority in this field. Most of the techniques he has developed over the years are followed the world over. Spreading the benefits of Laparoscopy across Asia, the Middle East & Africa, he has taught and provided his expertise in countries like Malaysia, UAE, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa and Bangladesh to name a few. He is the first Indian surgeon to be invited as a training faculty to the Ministry hospitals in the UAE. He is also an invited faculty for the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (RCOG), UK and the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL). He has also won several awards for his contributions to the field of Endoscopy in India and abroad. He was the youngest chairman of FOGSI, the largest medical society in India. Having a passion for teaching, he has trained more than 2800 Gynecologists of all levels of experience over the past 24 years in the art of Laparoscopic surgery. As of today, he has performed more than 120,000 Laparoscopic surgeries – witnessing the number of cases performed by Dr. Hafeez Rahman in a single day, the American Journal of Endoscopy cited him as the ‘Miracle Doctor’ in their editorial.
- Laparoscopic nerve sparing radical hysterectomy in carcinoma cervix
- Laparoscopic pelvic and para-aortic lymphadenectomy
- Laparoscopic staging in ovarian malignancy
Laparoscopic correction of Mullerian anomalies
- Unification surgery in bicornuate uterus
- Laparoscopic neovagina creation in MRKH
- Laparoscopic correction in cases with cervical atresia
Laparoscopic surgery in severe endometriosis and adenomyosis
- Laparoscopic excision of bowel, bladder and rectovaginal endometriosis
- Lap adenomyomectomy
Laparoscopic management of pelvic fistulas
- Recto-vaginal fistula
- Vesico-vaginal fistula
- Uretero-vaginal fistula
- First documented successful amniopatch for premature pre-labour rupture of membranes in India
- Largest series of laparoscopic surgeries by any one single laparoscopic surgeon (120,000)
- Largest series of total laparoscopic hysterectomies by any one single laparoscopic surgeon (30,000)
- New innovative laparoscopic sling surgery for conservative management of uterine prolapse without any recurrence till date
- Laparoscopic encerclage (antenatal and interval) procedure for cervical incompetence
- Successful emergency cervical encerclage for prolapsed amniotic membranes
- Laparoscopic unification surgery for bicornuate uterus
- Laparoscopic management of acute postpartum uterine inversion
Dr. Nikita Trehan , MBBS, DNB, MNAMS, FOGSI
Specialist Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Nikita Trehan is a renowned Gynecologist and Laparoscopic Surgeon. After her fellowship in laparoscopic surgery (under Dr. Hafeez Rahman) she has been performing “Advanced Gynecology Laparoscopic Surgeries” in Gynecology for the last 10 years with special expertise in removing very large fibroids laparoscopically (6.5 kgs removed by laparoscopy) along with other fertility enhancing laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgeries. Also to her credit is a Limca Book of Records for the “Oldest person to have a surgery”. She is a regular teaching faculty at all major workshops in India & abroad. She also undertakes fellowship course where in 1 year fellowship for post graduates is conducted for training in laparoscopy.
- Laparoscopic Gynec Oncology
- Laparoscopic Encerclage for recurrent Miscarriages
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy + LUAL (For any size of Fibroid)
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy (Any size of uterus)
- Laparoscopic Mesh Vault Repair
- Laparoscopic Mesh Repair of Nulliparous Prolapse
- Sacrospinous Fixation
- Laparoscopic Hysteroscopy
- Laparoscopic Recanalisation
- Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy
- Laparoscopic Endometriosis
- Resection & Rectovaginal Endometriosis
- Laparoscopic Surgery for Mullerian Anomalies / Neovaginoplasty
- Hysteroscopic procedures like Hysteroscopic, Septal Resection, Hysteroscopic Myomectomy
- Urogynaecology procedures like TVT and TOT
Dr.Shailesh Puntambekar, MBBS, MS
Specialist General Surgeon
Dr.Shailesh Puntambekar is specialised in laparoscopic cancer surgery. He is considered an expert in Laparoscopic Pelvic surgery and Gynecological cancer surgery in the world and has developed laparoscopic radical hysterectomy for cancer cervix known world over as the “Pune Technique”. He has performed over 400 Robotic surgeries. He is a visiting professor at university of Cape Town, South Africa and has conducted numerous live surgical workshops around the globe.
Dr. Shailesh is a faculty member at the AAGL (American Association of Gynaecological Laparoscopy) and a member of the AAGL Oncology Committee. He is the only Indian who has won the prestigious “Golden Telescope Award” for the best video at AAGL four times (2005, 2009, 2012 & 2015). He is a reviewer for many scientific journals including JMIG (Journal Of Minimally Invasive Gynaecology), Elsevier Editorial System, International journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Minimal access journal (IAGES), Video journal of advanced laparoscopic surgery (Netherlands), European Journal of Operational Research (EJOR) and Indian Journal of Surgery. He has performed live surgeries in more than 150 live surgical workshops ranging from laparoscopic Whipples, Oesophagectomies, Radical hysterectomies and colorectal surgeries in premier institutes like AIIMS, SGPGI Lucknow, PGI Chandigarh, PGIMS Rohtak and CMC Vellore.
Dr.John E.V, M S, M.Ch,DNB (CVTS), FIACS
Specialist Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Dr. John E. V. has over 15 years of experience in Cardiology with 4000 surgeries to his credit having trained & worked in reputed institutions in India & abroad such as St. John’s Hospital – Bangalore, KEM Hospital – Mumbai, Apollo Hospital – Chennai, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital – (Sydney) Australia, Papworth Hospital – London. He is an expert in beating heart (off pump) CABG for which he has a success rate of more than 99%.
He was the first Doctor in Kerala to perform Awake Valve Replacement, Hybrid Minimally Invasive Coronary Revascularisation, Minimally Invasive MVR, first series of Minimally Invasive Beating Heart CABG and the first series of Aorto-Enteric Fistulae successful repairs. He also has extensive experience in Aortic Surgery and is one of the few surgeons performing Aortic Surgeries in South India.
Dr. Raghavendra Prasad , MBBS, DGO, DNB
Specialist Obstetrics / Gynecology
Dr. Raghavendra Prasad brings more than 9 years of experience he is currently working as Managing Director and Director of Infertility and Fetometernal medicine at Sunrise Hospital-Kanhangad and also as a consultant in the Infertility at Asian Reproductive Medical Center ,Manglore. After completion of his MBBS with top honors in Obstetrics & Gynecology, he completed his Post graduation with Gold medal from Sree Ramachandra Medical College and research Institute –Chennai.
Dr. Baiju Senadhipan, MS, DNB, MNAMS, FMAS, MCh (Surgical Gastroenterology)
Consultant Gastro Intestinal Surgeon
Dr. Baiju Senadhipan is an eminent surgeon who brings in more than 20 years of experience in Gastroenterology. He has pioneered keyhole surgery since late 1990’s through continuous learning and teaching. He has significantly contributed to the latest advancement of keyhole surgery in India. He is an international expert in Cancer Keyhole Surgery for Gastrointestinal Cancers such as food pipe, stomach, liver, pancreas, bile duct, small and large intestines and rectum. He has successfully performed more than 2000 complex gastrointestinal cancer surgeries laparoscopically, which places him amongst the most experienced doctors in the world. He is the first Indian surgeon to perform a complex non-cancerous procedure called Laparoscopic Coloplasty for Benign Oesophageal Stricture. He has successfully used the keyhole method in complex surgeries which are otherwise done through open method. He is a prominent educator and regularly trains hundreds of surgeons, both internationally and across India, in laparoscopic surgery. He has traveled as faculty across the globe where he has shared his expertise and knowledge at more than 40 national congresses and 24 local meetings.
- Whipples Resection
- Liver Resections
- Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgeries
- Cancer Surgeries
- Laparoscopic Coloplasty for Benign Oesophageal Stricture
- Laparoscopic Whipples
- Laparoscopic Metabolic Surgeries like Diverted Ileal Interposition